Đề thi học sinh giỏi lớp 9 THCS tỉnh Vĩnh Phúc năm 2013 môn Tiếng Anh - Có đáp án Sở GD&ĐT Vĩnh Phúc
- Phát hành Sở GD-ĐT Vĩnh Phúc
- Lượt tải 5.073
- Sử dụng Miễn phí
- Dung lượng 1,1 MB
- Cập nhật 09/06/2013
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
KÌ THI CHỌN HSG LỚP 9 CẤP TỈNH NĂM HỌC 2012-2013
PART I. LISTENING
I. People are talking about past events. What happened to them? Choose the correct answer.
Question number 1 has been done for you as an example.
You will hear the talks TWICE.
|1. A. Her car was damaged.
B. She ran into another car.
C. Her car got stuck.
|4. A. He was injured in the fire.
B. He escaped from the fire
C. He didn’t hear the alarm.
|2. A. His plane had mechanical difficulties.
B. His plane flew into bad weather.
C. His plane had to make an emergency landing.
|5. A. She won first prize.
B. Her friend won first prize.
C. She sold some raffle tickets.
|3. A. She got lost in the hotel.
B. She was stuck in the elevator.
C. She was locked out of the room.
|6. A. He spoke to a famous person.
B. He saw a famous person.
C. His wife spoke to a famous person.
2. ………… 3. …………… 4. ……………. 5. ………….. 6. …………….
II. You are going to hear a conversation between two people in the marketing department. Listen carefully and complete the table below using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
You will hear the conservation TWICE.
The cheapest medium to advertise is 1. ………………………………………………….
A magazine is aimed at students or at 2. ………………………………………………….
Information on the radio is more 3. ………………………………… ……………....
A jingle is a 4. ……………………………………song.
TV is good because you can advertise to a lot of people at the same time and people
5. ………………… companies that advertise on TV.
PART II. PRONUNCIATION
III. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the other words in each group.
1. A. cinema B. celebrate C. generous D. discover
2. A. endanger B. natural C. habitat D. industry
3. A. compose B. return C. forget D. forecast
4. A. instruction B. establish C. experience D. entertain
5. A. population B. continental C. original D. university
PART III. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
IV. Complete the following sentences by choosing the correct answer among four options (A, B, C or D).
1. As the President was absent, I was asked to ______ the meeting.
A. officiate B. chair C. govern D. regulate
2. No, it’s no good. I’ve ______ my time in trying to make it work.
A. spent B. spoiled C. wasted D. consumed
3. I’m really looking forward ______ to university.
A. to go B. going C. to going D. go
4. A walnut tree ______ us from the sun on hot days.
A. fences B. warns C. prevents D. shelters
5. Hoa failed her math test. ______, she has to do the test again.
A. Therefore B. However C. Because D. So
6. “______ the TV for me, will you? I want to watch the weather forecast.”
A. Turn off B. Turn down C. Turn on D. Turn over
7. ______ smoking is a causative factor of many diseases, there is not ban on tobacco advertising.
A. However B. Although C. In spite of D. Therefore
8. The bill came ______$ 1000.
A. at B. for C. to D. as
9. This is ______ the most difficult job I’ve ever had to do.
A. by far B. by chance C. by heart D. by myself
10. “______ you treat him, he’ll help you. He’s so tolerant.”
A. No matter how B. In addition to C. Even though D. As if
11. - Alfonso: “I had a really good time. Thanks for the lovely evening.” - Maria: “______.”
A. I’m glad you enjoyed it B. Yes, it’s really good
C. Oh, that’s right D. No, it’s very kind of you
12. Having opened the bottle, ______ for everyone.
A. the drink was poured B. Tom poured the drink
C. Tom pouring the drink D. Tom drink was being poured
13. You cannot see the doctor ______ you have made an appointment with him.
A. without B. unless C. however D. even
14. If you hadn’t watched that late movie last night, you ________ sleepy now.
A. wouldn’t have been B. might not have been
C. wouldn’t be D. wouldn’t have been being
15. He arrived late, ______ was annoying.
A. it B. that C. what D. which
16. I'm sorry I opened your handbag, but I _______ it for mine.
A. confused B. imagined C. recognized D. mistook
17. They are ________ their house because they need more bedrooms.
A. increasing B. extending C. adding D. growing
18. The job was more difficult than I _______ it to be.
A. expect B. have expected C. would expect D. had expected
19. ________, he could not lift the trap door.
A. As he was strong B. Strong as was he C. As strong he was D. Strong as he was
20. My father sometimes _______ the washing up after dinner.
A. washes B. takes C. makes D. does
V. Use the words given in capital to form a word that fits in the gap in the sentences.
1. You can save energy and money and increase your comfort by properly maintaining and upgrading your ______.EQUIP
2. She gave the child a ______ of sweets. HAND
3. This word is very difficult to say. I always ______ it. PRONUNCIATION
4. She divorced him because of his ______ to the children. KIND
5. The Internet is not only _____ and costly but also dangerous because of viruses and bad programs. CONSUME
6. In Western countries, electricity, gas and water are ______. NECESSITY
7. It is becoming ______ difficult to find a job nowadays. INCREASE
8. She upset him with a ______ remark about his big nose. TACT
9. Thousands of people are living in ______ after the earthquake. MISERABLE
10. He became more and more ______ as time went by. ANXIETY
VI. Identify one mistake in each of the following sentences and correct it.
Example: Q: My father asked me what I think of the film.
A: think --> thought
1. It is important that cancer is diagnosed and treated as early as possible in order to assur e a successful cure.
2. The progress made in space travel for the early 1960s is remarkable.
3. On her mother’s birthday, Lan did a beautiful cake to celebrate.
4. One of the best collection of paintings can be found in that famous museum of arts.
5. Hot in the summer causes a lot of problems for people who live in this part of the country
6. The most calories a person eats, the less likely he is to lose weight.
7. The threat of being dismissed do not worry me any more because I have started my own business.
8. I expect it will rain again when we are on holiday this year, but at least we are properly prepared about it this time.
9. Computers have made access to information instantly available just by push a few buttons.
10. Some studies show that young babies prefer the smell of milk to those of other liquids.
PART IV. READING
VII. Read the following passage and fill in each numbered gap with ONE suitable word to complete it.
Children are (1) _______ up with love and (2) ______ in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. They enjoy every (3) ______ to get a good education and to acquire a useful trade. Our country is now (4) ______ its way to Socialist construction. We need people with fully-developed (5) ______ and mental abilities. It is for this reason (6) ______ labour training is introduced in all Vietnamese schools. The develo pment of good working habits (7) ______ our children will undoubtedly help them (8) ______ life as useful members of a socialist society. (9) ______, while still at school, they learn a useful trade and upon graduation they may effectively work in (10) ______ and agriculture.
Download tài liệu để xem thêm chi tiết.